Jive Jobs: Product Owner, Apple Communities @ Apple (Santa Clara Valley, CA)
This looks to be an amazing opportunity with Apple, as a product leader responsible for managing and delivering a world-class community experience to Apple’s customers:
Apple Support Communities (discussions.apple.com) helps customers get the most out of their Apple products and services by providing access to support resources from an entire community of Apple product users and enthusiasts. The successful candidate will work closely with engineering, QA, UX, and business teams to deliver highly available internal facing tools, site enhancements, and integration interfaces that enable Apple staff to deliver a world-class community support experience on the Apple Support Communities.
- 5+ years in software project management, release planning, product management, product owner role and/or equivalent experience.
- Expert understanding and implementation of software development lifecycle.
- Proven track record of on-time and quality delivery of software products.
- Demonstrable history of identifying and resolving cross-project interdependencies.
- Extensive experience managing competing and changing priorities.
- Experience in agile scrum methodology as product owner or scrum master.
- Experience delivering highly effective Web-based tools.
- Highly Desirable:
- Experience with online-community building and experience.
- Experience work highly available and high volume software systems.
- Technical software engineering experience.
- Experience working with Web community platforms such as Jive and Lithium.
- Experience working with content management systems.
Product leader responsible for managing and delivering a world-class community experience to Apple’s customers. Your primary responsibilities include developing internal-facing tools, enhancing Web site capabilities, and implementing processes that enable Apple’s Community Management team deliver a world-class community. You will utilize agile scrum methodology, develop user stories and acceptance criteria, refine product backlog, and advocate for end-user and business needs.
You are a team player who can effectively negotiate and influence at all levels. You enjoy working with a global team of non-technical and technical professionals. When challenges arise, you thrive in identifying creative and unique solutions. You seek customer feedback and excel in using data to help make challenging prioritization decisions.
You enjoy technical conversations with engineers but also comfortable presenting in front of senior leaders. You understand the high-profile nature of Apple’s business, and are willing to apply your experience in a way that meets Apple’s rigorous standards for design, brand integrity, and customer privacy.
Manage enhancement requests and feature prioritization. Responsible for the on-schedule delivery of new features, bug fixes, and enhancements for Apple Communities. Balance trade-offs between time and scope while meeting business objectives. Engage with business stakeholders to seek clarification and reproduce issues to support a timely and appropriate prioritization. Facilitate effective communication between business and engineering teams to get tasks to completion and issues resolved. Owner of the product backlog including refinement and grooming. Document clear acceptance criteria. Coordinate UAT to ensure development is consistent with business requests. Work with business stakeholders to monitor overall health of the community platform. Negotiate business team performance, notify engineering team of issues and drive resolutions in a timely manner. Influence engineering resources and prioritization to respond to ever changing business needs.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
MBA or Masters degree or equivalent experience in a related field a plus
(Apple run several communities based on very heavily customised Jive platforms.)