Jive Jobs: Internal Communications Specialist @ Inland Empire Health Plan (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
This looks to be an excellent role for a well-respected non-profit in the medical insurance sector (Inland Empire Health Plan, commonly known as IEHP), based in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Job Title: Internal Communication Specialist
Area of Interest: Medical Services
Job Description: Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan (with over 1.2 million members) in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come.
Join our Team and MAKE A Difference with us!
IEHP offers a Competitive salary and a benefit package with a value estimated at 35% of the annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and retirement plan.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Marketing & Product Management, the Internal Communications Specialist supports the role of the Communications Strategist and is responsible for assisting on the day-to-day technical maintenance, development of the user experience (UX/UI experience, basic HTML coded functions), moderations and oversight of the content within the Intranet for all company-wide pages by collaborating with all business units. This role will also assist in developing resources and content for the Intranet, and other communications tools and resources for company-wide usage including training materials & conducting training to grow user adoption. This role is needed to help manage the activities and training of the Intranet Community (JIVE software) driving internal communications efforts to inform, engage and inspire Team Members to participate in using the JIVE Intranet, supporting IEHP’s 5-Strategic Priorities. Other duties as necessary.
- 50 % of time will be spent assisting with the writing, reviewing and moderating Internal Communication generated content. This role will also be responsible for generating brief organization announcement messages and alerts, moderate and report inappropriate and/or misleading content according to the Moderation policy within the Intranet including the deletion or editing of content that doesn’t follow guidelines and therefore needs simple corrections. This also includes partnering with all departments across the organization to create, execute and maintain fresh content needing limited moderations that encourages Team Members to communicate and collaborate through the JIVE Intranet.
- 20% of time spent will be as a liaison of internal communications and supporting advocate of the Intranet within the organization, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate, helping users get the information they need located within the Intranet, and address issues that Team Members bring up regarding the internal communications and the Intranet.
- 15% of time spent will be assisting in the development of presentations and conducting training to all site administrators and new/existing Team Members as it relates to the online community.
- 10% of time spent will be supporting the effort to implement the internal communication and online community strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the organization to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer service to our community with the help of various communication tools and support from the Communications Strategist.
- 3% of time will be spent developing the user experience with new widget design using basic CSS and HTML coding including fixing broken links, adding images, and designing widgets that provide content optimization that meets user needs; working with the IT department for developer assistance in areas beyond the widget capabilities and user interface.
- 2 % of time spent will be working with the Jive Software vendors and the Information Technology team to ensure the community platform (for ex. forms, blogs, moderation tools) are kept up to date and functional, as well as influence the roadmap by collating user feedback.
High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Familiar content management and content writing.
- Familiar with Intranet platforms, specifically Jive Software.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, copywriting, and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking and interacting with executives and large groups of Team Members at all levels.
- Must possess flexibility with planning and implementation processes and changes.
Apply via IEHP’s website.