Jive Jobs: Community Manager @ Carbon Black (Waltham, MA)
This looks to be an excellent Community Manager role with Carbon Black, a security tech vendor headquartered in Waltham, MA but with offices in the UK, Japan and Singapore:
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
Carbon Black’s Marketing team works hard to get the word out about our products and industry intelligence. From digital content and webinars, to field events and User xChanges, you’ll be working hard to provide pertinent information to our customers and the industry as a whole. You’ll leverage the research from our Threat Intelligence team and the Collective Defense network to promote better insight into trends and show people why our product is different than the rest.
Why You Matter
Carbon Black is seeking a Community Manager that will join the product marketing team to meet the needs for collaboration and communication with customers and employees. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the management of Carbon Black’s communities, co-developing engaging programming, and driving engagement. The Community Manager will report into customer marketing.
What You’ll Do
- Engage closely with business units to consult on how to get the most value out of the community
- Generate report metrics consisting of both qualitative and quantitative measurements that helps Carbon Black evaluate growth and success
- Develop a plan for community improvements and how new use cases will be brought on board
- Mentor and advise designated space/group community managers to help them curate and optimize their respective social channels
- Facilitate employee-wide trainings on community best practices
- Enforce consistent governance policies
- Lead by example in promoting an professional, positive, and active customer community
- Motivate and engage community users daily; create excitement around community initiatives
- Monitor community for unanswered questions, untagged items, and misplaced posts to ensure the community search is directing accurate results
- Coordinate with business units to represent community management best practices and case studies
- Identify community advocates to help champion best practices and groups
- Work closely with product management to escalate when appropriate
- Stay up to date on the latest community platform and social trends
What You’ll Bring
- Excellent organizational, writing, and presentation skills
- 2-3 years’ experience managing a community
- Hands-on and self-driven executor
- Passionate about community best practices, principles, concepts, and technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with a geographically-distributed workforce
- Ability to work across all functional organizations as well as levels in the organization
- Multi-tasker who understands how to develop tactical plans that align with the company’s strategy
- Experience with Qlik BI, Influitive, or Jive Platform preferred
- Customer Service experience preferred
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.