Jive name key speakers for Jive World 2014
Jive Software has announced its speaker lineup for Jive World 14, the premier conference for modern communication and collaboration. Taking place October 21-23, 2014 at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas, this year’s program will focus on how people and organisations can work better together and gain competitive advantage through collaborative work styles.
Building on the success of last year’s event, which was attended by more than 1,500 social business strategists, IT professionals and business leaders from around the world, JiveWorld14 will bring together a diverse mix of Jive customers, developers, thought leaders and technology partners across several industries to network and share best practices. Keynote speakers and special guests include:
- Azure Antoinette, who is known as the Maya Angelou of the millennial generation for her readings at venues like TEDWomen2013 and Re/Code’s Code Conference, will use performance poetry to explore the way people’s individual work styles are reshaping business and humanity overall.
- Adam Sadowsky, a renowned TED speaker and CEO and founder of Syyn Labs, will take the stage along with his team of mad scientists to share how they collaborate and mix up their creative ideas into mind-bending machines.
- Michael Laffin, vice president of corporate communications at global pharmaceutical company Mylan Inc., which was last year’s winner of the Jive “New Way to Lead” award, will share how his company uses Jive to connect, communicate and collaborate across the entire business to achieve its strategic goals.
- Todd Moran, director of social enterprise at Schneider Electric, a global energy management specialist and last year’s winner of Jive’s “New Way to Business” award, will share how Schneider is building momentum to organically modify the company’s workstyle one business group at a time.
- Tony McGivern, chief information officer at analytics software leader FICO, will share his story of how the company is transforming its business by empowering employees to better serve their customers through user-centric strategies.
Looks a great lineup! More info at the Jive World site.